Ever feel like you’re spinning your wheels on social media? Can’t handle another platform, let alone maintain the ones you’re on? It might be time for some strategy.
My next webinar, on March 18, is all about getting the most bang for your social media minute. This is something I write about in my Net Profits column, which appears in every issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist and on JewelryMakingDaily.com. This webinar is designed with that readership in mind, but it will address anyone who sells jewelry or is building a jewelry brand online.
Join me live as I surf the web to show you examples of folks in the jewelry world who are getting maximum exposure over multiple platforms.
How do they do it? They focus on the visual social media – the ones that appeal to jewelry nuts like you and me.
They have good instincts about which sandbox to play in. (Right now, for jewelry, the big one is Instagram.)
They sync their accounts in a way that allows them to experiment, build their following on new platforms while still interacting with those already established.
They take advantage of the latest tools.
They understand the social part of social media.
They figure out what works best for each platform, realizing they’re all a little different – and so is their audience on each one.
They concentrate on the platforms that take advantage of their own personal strengths.
They consistently deliver useful information and eye candy. Most of all? They have FUN. That’s ultimately why we follow them.
Live Web Seminar Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Start Time: 1 pm EST
Length: 60 Minutes
When it comes to marketing your business, social media offers many ways to connect with customers and build your brand. There have never been more options – which is great but also confusing. What platforms should you focus on? How can you best use them to market your jewelry? And how do you do all this without wasting time you’d rather spend making jewelry?
It’s not enough to tweet a product listing. You need a plan! Join Cathleen McCarthy for a tip-packed tour of the best social media platforms for jewelry artists, including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This web seminar will leave you with a better understanding of each platform, how they work individually and together, how to use your own creative spirit to get maximum impact from each – and how to have fun in the process.
Cathleen writes about jewelry ecommerce and online marketing for magazines, websites and her own blog, The Jewelry Loupe. She has interviewed dozens of successful designers and retailers about their online marketing, and built her own brand and thousands of followers via social media.
In this web seminar you will learn:
- How to compose Tweets, Pinboards, Facebook and Instagram posts that go viral and attract the right kind of attention.
- Tips for building your visual brand across multiple platforms in 15 minutes a day max.
- How to title and tag photos so everything pinned or shared from your site or shop leads back to you.
- Proper use of tags and hashtags to start conversations and get on the right radars.
- How to sync your social media and online presence to maximize exposure.
- Spinning your posts to take advantage of each platform’s unique strengths.
- Developing online relationships with your peers, retailers and media.
- And more!
Can’t make the live event? Don’t worry! Your registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. In all Jewelry Making Daily web seminars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions.
About the Instructor
Cathleen McCarthy has written about jewelry design and retail for dozens of magazines and newspapers, including Art & Antiques, Town & Country, Elle Décor, Ornament, JCK, Washington Post and Wall Street Journal. She was editor of the jewelry trade magazine Accent and co-founder of the Gem Artists of North America (GANA). Now she helps jewelry artists and web startups market their brands online. You can read her tips on social media marketing in Net Profits, her column for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist and JewelryMakingDaily.com, and on her own site, TheJewelryLoupe.com.
Who will benefit:
- Jewelry artists and designers who want to make better use of free tools available for marketing their jewelry.
- Artists and designers who have dabbled with social media but find they’re not getting the response they desire.
- Artists and designers who don’t have an advertising budget but want to get the word out about their products.
- Artists and designers who want to develop a social media strategy that will allow them to meet specific marketing goals.